my life lately has been so blessed. spring time brings out the best in people and in new orleans. i am enjoying my job (so many fun easter things to do with my class) and i am enjoying the beautiful weather, too.
it is festival season and this past weekend was french quarter fest. it was so hot yesterday, but it was still so enjoyable with my best friend and family. we enjoyed a delicious authentic mexican meal at my favorite spot, el gato negro (tortilla chips, table side guacamole, a satsuma and a pineapple cilantro margarita, and fish tacos) and heard some amazing music (kermit ruffins & the barbeque swingers, amanda shaw & the cute guys, jeremy davenport, and irvin mayfield to name a few). i did not forget about dessert of course…peanut butter and chocolate chip milkshake from stanley and the most delicious, cake-like buttermilk drops. it was such a fun weekend. i can’t wait until the next!
1. pre-school works of art that i am in love with
2. easter egg number game. my class loved opening up their egg and discovering a number.
3. decor in el gato negro. love.
4. yummiest chips + salsa ever. even thought the salsa is too spicy for me (i stuck with the guacamole).
5. me + sister . love my lizzy.
6. st. louis cathedral. most beautiful church in all of new orleans.
7. the steamboat natchez
8. random street performers who we enjoyed while sitting on the cathedral steps in the shade.
9 . love these girls to pieces (sister + best friend).